Our doctors know how important a smile is to their patients. It is often the first feature people notice in others’ appearance. A smile makeover combines cosmetic dentistry with restorative dentistry to create not only an esthetic change, but also a functional one. Our office caters treatment to each person’s individual esthetic concerns, making each case unique and special. Click here to see our wall of smiles.
What to expect?
1. Consultation. Your first step in achieving a smile makeover will be a conversation with Dr. Katz or Dr. Shimonova, where they will listen to your specific concerns and discuss expectations and treatment options. At this visit, records are also taken in the form of photographs, digital scans and radiographs. This step is imperative to the doctor’s design process as they work hand in hand with our local lab.
2. Mock up Presentation and finalization of treatment plan. The doctor guides you through the necessary steps to achieve the smile of your dreams. This may include orthodontics , teeth whitening, and/or veneers. If shifting of the teeth is not a functional necessity, this is also the visit where you are presented with a physical representation of your smile. The doctor even use a material for you to try on the temporaries chairside! You get to experience how the final restorations may look and feel, as well as offer feedback to the doctor. It’s your smile, the doctors want you to love everything about it!
3. Preparation and Temporization. This is where the magic happens! The doctor uses a guided technique to prepare your teeth to receive the final porcelain restorations. Your teeth are then fitted with temporary veneers, which functionally mimic the finals. Consider this your 2 week test drive!
4. Delivery. While you are in your temporaries, your doctor works closely and tirelessly with the ceramist to design and bring to life your new smile. At the delivery appointment, your temporaries are removed and your hand crafted porcelain veneers are inserted. The doctor makes sure they fit perfectly and reveals your new smile to you!
5. Follow Up. Your doctor makes sure you are happy and comfortable, and uses this visit to make any minor adjustments. Photos are taken so we can show your transformation to others (with your consent, of course!).
What are porcelain veneers?
A porcelain veneer is a thin piece of porcelain that is chemically bonded to your existing tooth structure. They are commonly used to correct the following:
- Stained/ Discolored Teeth
- Uneven/ Worn/ Misshapen Teeth
- Cracked Teeth
- Gaps/ Crowded Teeth
- Deficient/ Small Teeth
Clear Aligner Therapy
Clear Aligner Therapy is a type of orthodontic treatment that consists of a series of clear trays. Expect to receive a number of trays every few months, each slightly different than the last, to be worn 7-10 days at a time.
Patients prefer clear aligner therapy as opposed to traditional braces because they are virtually invisible! Orthodontics are sometimes recommended in certain esthetic cases prior to veneers in order to achieve a stable functional alignment. Results after clear aligner therapy are often the cosmetic result some patients are looking for, no need for restorative work!
Schedule your smile makeover consultation in order to see if clear aligner therapy is right for you!
Enamel, the outermost layer of our teeth, contain micro-pores that can lock in stains over time. There are two major types of stains: Extrinsic and Intrinsic. Extrinsic stains refer to external environmental factors such as coffee, tea, wine, smoking etc. Intrinsic stains (ie dead/necrotic teeth or teeth stained from the use of tetracyclines) refer to internal stains that are more permanent and resistant to whitening procedures.
First teeth are polished in order to remove any superficial debris. Next, a barrier is carefully placed on your gums, lips, and cheeks (think everything but your teeth!) in order to isolate and protect the soft tissues from any damage from the whitening agents. A whitening gel is applied to your teeth until the desired shade is achieved. A post-operative sensitivity kit is handed to each patient to manage any post operative issues. It is important to remember that some sensitivity is completely normal and temporary!
Available whitening systems:
ZOOM! Whitening is a very effective whitening therapy that consists a single, ONE hour appointment! Four 15 minute sessions are completed with a light activated whitening gel. A mirror is offered between gel applications and patients can stop at any time. Expect to walk out with brighter and whiter teeth the same day!
KOR Whitening is another whitening therapy that is recommended for patients with either deeper staining or patients that are looking for a more dramatic result. KOR Max (the most commonly recommended system) consists of 2 weeks of at home whitening therapy with their signature KOR trays, followed by a 1 hour in office whitening procedure.
Teeth that have greyed after a root canal (due to a history of trauma or necrosis), the doctor may recommend a procedure known as internal bleaching. A peroxide gel is placed into the already empty chamber for two weeks and sealed with a temporary material. This process is repeated until the desired shade is achieved. Afterward, the material is removed and the tooth is sealed with a filling.
Clear aligner therapy + KOR + two veneers and two (replacement) crowns